Here are some tips to find last minute cheap flights and hotels:
- Check prices at nearby airports. Don’t just search for the airports closest to your current location and destination. Instead, widen your search to include nearby airports.
- Search for one-way flights. Sometimes booking one-way flights can be cheaper than round-trip flights.
- Search for individual tickets if traveling with a group. Sometimes booking individual tickets can be cheaper than booking all tickets together.
- Try a last-minute rewards search. Consider using your rewards points to book a last-minute flight.
- Consider fifth freedom flights. These are flights that stop in a third country before continuing on to the final destination. They can sometimes be cheaper than direct flights.
- Use “hidden-city” booking. This is when you book a flight with a layover in your desired destination, but you get off at the layover instead of continuing on to the final destination. However, be aware of the risks involved with this type of booking.
- Check your airline’s app or website for upgrade offers. You might be able to score an upgrade for just a few hundred dollars.
- Use Skyscanner’s “everywhere” search to see the cheapest places to go.
- Get on the phone. Some package vacation companies sell off last-minute trips at huge discounts when customers cancel. It’s worth calling and asking if they have any same-day deals.
- Be flexible. Instead of fruitlessly rushing to the airport intent on getting on the next flight out, consider being flexible with your travel dates and times.
- Use Last Minute Travel to find excellent deals on last-minute hotels.
- Consider using CheapOair to book last-minute flights and hotels.
- Check hotel websites directly for last-minute deals.
- Use apps like HotelTonight to find last-minute hotel deals.
- Be flexible with your travel dates and locations.
Remember that last-minute travel can often be cheaper, but it’s important to be flexible and do your research to find the best deals.